7 Fun Things to do with Your Old Toothbrush
By: Dr. Peter Markov, Owner and Kids Dentist at VK Pediatric Dentistry in Arlington, VA
If you read our last post you know you should be changing your kid's toothbrush every 3 months. That seems awfully wasteful so we've come up with 8 fun things you can use that old kids toothbrush for.
1) Paint! Let your child's artistic talents out using the toothbrush as a paintbrush. If your child brings in their Mona Lisa Masterpiece we will put it on display somewhere in our office! We love art.
2) Scrub oily areas on your face. The bristles (especially when softened) are perfect for removing dirt and oil that can clog pores and create skin care problems.
3) Take your cat, hamster or furry friend to the spa. The soft bristles can feel very good for some animals, brush their fur with your toothbrush!
4) Remove the bristles and use the toothbrush as a plant stake.
5) Clean, clean, clean. Once they have stopped cleaning your children's teeth as effectively, use them for cleaning anything else around the house. They are incredibly nifty for hard to reach areas and spot-cleaning, especially around faucets.
6) Back scratcher.
7) Gray hair, no more! Old toothbrushes are fantastic for touch up hair coloring if you're trying to get rid of a few grey hairs (hairline and eyebrows too!)
VK Pediatric Dentistry
5001 Lee Hwy. Arlington, VA 22207